[GiNaC-list] question about lorentz_g contract with sy_anti tensor

Feng Feng F.Feng at outlook.com
Sun May 26 11:46:39 CEST 2019

Tanks a lot!

Yes and Sorry, I forgot to call simplified_indexed.

Still, I get some confused with the index variance.

and excuse me to let me explain my options in some details.

I understand g_c^d = g_{ce} g^{ed}, and let’s come back to the ret expresion:

"auto ret = indexed(A, sy_anti(0,1,2,3), ia,ib,ic,id) *lorentz_g(ic, id.toggle_variance());”

In my understanding, it corresponds to A^{abcd} * g^{c}_{d}, is that right?

if so, then A^{abcd} * g^{c}_{d} = A^{abcc}, so according to sy_anti, it is 0, directly from GiNaC.

So if I want to contract two index in A, I mean, we need this one: A^{abc}_{c} = A^{abcd} * g^{dc} ?

Thanks very much!

Best Regards!

Feng