[GiNaC-list] question about lorentz_g contract with sy_anti tensor

Vladimir V. Kisil kisilv at maths.leeds.ac.uk
Sat May 25 17:27:25 CEST 2019

    FF> Thanks very for the reply.  and I have tried the suggestion,
    FF> i.e., using the following expression:

    FF> auto ret = indexed(A, sy_anti(0,1,2,3), ia,ib,ic,id) *
    FF> lorentz_g(ic, id.toggle_variance());

    FF> but I got something like: -delta.d~c*A~d~a~b~c, still a non-zero
    FF> result.

    It looks like you did not call simplified_indexed(). Please see
  attached code which outputs:

Not-reduced: delta.d~c*A~b~a~d~c
Anti-symmetry: 0

    FF> BTW, if c’s variance is not toggled in lorentz_g,
    FF>       then these two dummy index c’s variance is not matched,
    FF> and is that allowed?

    This is exactly what you obtain by lowering/raised just one index in
  the metric tensor itself: g_c^d = g_{ce} g^{ed}, see

  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metric_tensor
--
Vladimir V. Kisil                 http://www.maths.leeds.ac.uk/~kisilv/
  Book:     Geometry of Mobius Transformations     http://goo.gl/EaG2Vu