[GiNaC-list] ginac and openmp

Vladimir V. Kisil kisilv at maths.leeds.ac.uk
Sun Dec 3 10:28:29 CET 2017

    TR> thanks. Are there any efforts to change this ?? I think it might
    TR> be useful (in general) for future users/ developments/ etc

    My understanding: for automated simplifications GiNaC produces a
  large amount of dynamically created objects and they are internally
  indexed by consecutive numbers. If parts of an expression are
  transformed in parallel threads, then there will be inconsistency
  between different objects with the same index.

  This cannot be changed by gradual improvements, a significant part of
  code (and probably some ideology) need to be replaced in one move---an
  ambitious task requiring a dedicated (team of) developer(s).

  See also the thread of discussion started at:

https://www.ginac.de/pipermail/ginac-list/2010-August/001719.html

  May be, certain algorithms can be written thread-safe through some
  kind of wrappers for GiNaC expressions, but their computational cost
  possibly absorbs all gain from multi-treading.
--
Vladimir V. Kisil                 http://www.maths.leeds.ac.uk/~kisilv/
  Book:     Geometry of Mobius Transformations     http://goo.gl/EaG2Vu