[GiNaC-list] Given a formal iterated derivative (GiNaC::fderivative), what actually is it?

Vladimir V. Kisil kisilv at maths.leeds.ac.uk
Tue Apr 12 11:10:37 CEST 2016

    RK> Yes, for the reason quoted above I think this should be a
    RK> separate function.

    RK> Considering that there is a public constructor with a paramset
    RK> as argument, we can as well provide a const accessor member
    RK> function to parameter_set and that's it. (True also, however,
    RK> that said constructor could be protected.)

    RK> Or maybe some completely different interface? What about this
    RK> one: // how many times this function is derived with respect to
    RK> parameter number param unsigned derived(unsigned param) const;

    I did not get the last reason. If GiNaC would provide a user with the
  full paramset, then (s)he will have a freedom to do anything with
  it. However, if GiNaC will pre-filter it out for one user's demand, then
  another user may not be able to (easily) get what (s)he want...
--
Vladimir V. Kisil                 http://www.maths.leeds.ac.uk/~kisilv/
  Book:     Geometry of Mobius Transformations     http://goo.gl/EaG2Vu