[GiNaC-list] Release 1.6.0

Jens Vollinga jensv at nikhef.nl
Sun May 22 22:32:26 CEST 2011

Hi everybody,

GiNaC 1.6.0 is out and available. You can find the changes at the end of
this email.

Note:
This release is not binary compatible to the previous one.
Also, we changed the name of the library filename from libginac-1.5 to
libginac. The ABI versioning is now done in recommended libtool manner.
The dynamic library will be created as libginac.so.2.0.0 this time.
We also stopped to create extra branches in the repository for ABI
compatible versions. The latest releases will from now on always be in
master.

Changes:
* Fixed compilation issues with clang.
* Fixed compilation issues with VC++.
* Fixed a segfault in fsolve() and improved its numerical algorithm.
* Fixed several memory leaks in power::eval().
* Fixed the substitution algorithm that led to wrong results
   (exp(log(x))->x).
* Fixed a bug in add:eval() (real_part() had returned wrong results).
* Fixed infinite loop bug when unarchiving realsymbol and possymbol.
* Fixed bugs in the GCD code.
* Fixed empty string bug in symbol::get_name().
* Fixed bugs concerning STL vector sizes that can potentially cause
   segfaults.
* Fixed a bug in is_polynomial().
* Removed autogen dependencies.
* Improved simplify_indexed() algorithm.
* Changed the connection between library version and package version.
* power::series() can handle now more expressions with singularities in
   the exponent.
* Added conjugate() methods to functions cosh, sinh, tanh.

As always, this release can be downloaded from

http://www.ginac.de/Download.html

Best wishes,
Jens