[GiNaC-list] Release GiNaC 1.5.0
jensv at nikhef.nl
Tue Feb 17 18:21:09 CET 2009
GiNaC 1.5.0 is out and available. The changes are:
* Added polynomial factorization.
* New, faster (recursive descent) expression parser.
* Faster GCD computation.
* gcd() now allows the user to override (some of the) heuristics.
* Writing extensions classes is simpler now:
- Replaced custom RTTI by standard C++ RTTI.
- Definition of archiving methods now optional when declaring a new
* Fixed recursion in polynomial divide that caused a significant
slowdown in sqrfree().
* Improved lsolve() of systems containing non-numeric coefficients.
* Removed implicit conversions from cl_N to numeric.
* Improved configuration and compatibility.
This is a new branch that introduces some incompatibilities on the
source code level! If you have defined your own GiNaC classes, you will
have to change their definitions slightly (cf. section 6.5.6 in
As always, this release can be downloaded from
More information about the GiNaC-list