[GiNaC-list] solving differential equatrions symbolically or numerically with C++

Alessandro Bernardini a.bernardini.1979 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 14:21:34 CEST 2008

Hello,

I am looking for a C++ library for doing symbolic or numeric computations
within C++ programs. I would like a class that provides usefull tools for
scientific computing (symbolic and numeric computations).

I woluld like tools like in Mathematica (or Maple), but in a C++ class
library !!

Of particular importance is the solution of differential equations
(symbolically or numerically; for ODEs or PDEs), so as variable precision
arithmetic. Of course symbolic sympflification is very important.

Is GiNaC the right tool for me, for doing symbolic computing and solving
differential equations ? Or SymbolicC++ ?
Can this libraries be an alternative to the functionality of mathematica
(when used in C++ programs of course ... ) ?

Thank you very very much for a short answer ...
Alex.