[GiNaC-list] cl_F_idecode.cc line 30 ?

Chris Bouchard cbouchrd at illinois.edu
Tue Jul 29 23:08:22 CEST 2008

GiNaC mailing list,

I've run across an error with a notification request.  The
error occurs while trying to archive an expression.  The
error and request are:

"Internal error: statement in file
./float/misc/cl_F_idecode.cc, line 30 has been reached!!
Please send the authors of the program a description how you
produced this error!"

The file cl_F_idecode.cc is in the cln library and a snippet
is given here, with a comment indicating line 30:

namespace cln {

const cl_idecoded_float integer_decode_float (const cl_F& x)
{
	floatcase(x
	,	return integer_decode_float(x);
	,	return integer_decode_float(x);
	,	return integer_decode_float(x);
	,	return integer_decode_float(x);
	);  // this is line 30
}
}

After playing around with my archive code I'm beginning to
think the error occurs when the expression being archived
becomes too long.  I haven't nailed down a critical
expression length but 27 lines works while ~1200 lines
generated the error.

I can't think of anything else that's changing.

The expressions are individual terms from series expansions
of expressions returned from xloops function calls (eg.
TwoLoop2Pt(...)) and don't contain any noticeably offensive
pieces.

Sincerely,
Chris Bouchard