[GiNaC-list] Installation ginac(1.4) + cln(1.1.13) on powermac

Marius Schamschula marius at physics.aamu.edu
Sun Sep 9 02:17:58 CEST 2007

Hans-Jürgen,

You might want to pass

CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib

it works for me.

On Sep 8, 2007, at 11:05 AM, Sheplyakov Alexei wrote:

> Hello!
>
> On Sat, Sep 08, 2007 at 04:35:04PM +0200, Hans-Jürgen Greif wrote:
>
>> because octave can't install symbolic package, I have tried to
>> install ginac on powermac G4 v. 10.4.10.
>
> uname -s, please?
>
>> The ginac configure script ends with:
>>
>> checking for pkg-config... /sw/bin/pkg-config
>
> I guess it is Mac OS X, but it is better to explicitly state what OS
> do you use.
>
>> checking pkg-config is at least version 0.9.0... yes
>> checking for CLN... configure: error: Package requirements (cln >=
>> 1.1.6) were not met.
>> Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
>> installed software in a non-standard prefix.
>>
>> Alternatively you may set the CLN_CFLAGS and CLN_LIBS environment
>> variables
>> to avoid the need to call pkg-config.  See the pkg-config man page
>> for
>> more details.
>> ________________________
>>
>> I have no experience with pkg-config, so I decided to use
>> environments variables
>> bash shell:
>>
>> declare -x CLN_CFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include/cln"
>> declare -x CLN_ LIBS="-L/usr/local/libs/ -lcln"
>
> This should have been CLN_LIBS, but I suppose this is a copy/paste
> error.
>
>> for installed cln 1.1.13 which is definitely greater (newer)  as
>> 1.1.6.
>>
>> However, this does not work. Can anyone tell to me, how to set the
>> variables above.
>
> Could you please post your config.log file? It should be in the build
> directory, most likely the top of the GiNaC source tree.
>
> Best regards,
>  Alexei

Marius
--
Marius Schamschula,  Alabama A & M University, Department of Physics

     The Center for Hydrology Soil Climatology and Remote Sensing
    http://optics.physics.aamu.edu/ - http://www.physics.aamu.edu/
           http://wx.aamu.edu/ - http://www.aamu.edu/hscars/