[GiNaC-list] Installation ginac(1.4) + cln(1.1.13) on powermac

Sheplyakov Alexei varg at theor.jinr.ru
Sat Sep 8 18:05:14 CEST 2007

Hello!

On Sat, Sep 08, 2007 at 04:35:04PM +0200, Hans-Jürgen Greif wrote:

> because octave can't install symbolic package, I have tried to
> install ginac on powermac G4 v. 10.4.10.

uname -s, please?

> The ginac configure script ends with:
>
> checking for pkg-config... /sw/bin/pkg-config

I guess it is Mac OS X, but it is better to explicitly state what OS
do you use.

> checking pkg-config is at least version 0.9.0... yes
> checking for CLN... configure: error: Package requirements (cln >=
> 1.1.6) were not met.
> Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
> installed software in a non-standard prefix.
>
> Alternatively you may set the CLN_CFLAGS and CLN_LIBS environment
> variables
> to avoid the need to call pkg-config.  See the pkg-config man page for
> more details.
> ________________________
>
> I have no experience with pkg-config, so I decided to use
> environments variables
> bash shell:
>
> declare -x CLN_CFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include/cln"
> declare -x CLN_ LIBS="-L/usr/local/libs/ -lcln"

This should have been CLN_LIBS, but I suppose this is a copy/paste error.

> for installed cln 1.1.13 which is definitely greater (newer)  as 1.1.6.
>
> However, this does not work. Can anyone tell to me, how to set the
> variables above.

Could you please post your config.log file? It should be in the build
directory, most likely the top of the GiNaC source tree.

Best regards,
 Alexei

--
All science is either physics or stamp collecting.