[GiNaC-list] Problem using a user-defined class on Mac OS X.

Sheplyakov Alexei varg at theor.jinr.ru
Tue Apr 3 13:24:55 CEST 2007

On Tue, Apr 03, 2007 at 11:27:54AM +0200, Chris.Dams at mi.infn.it wrote:

> > I seem to be having a problem [...] the static member
> > class_info<registered_class_options>::first is (besides inside the GiNaC
> > dynamic library) also created within my executable.
>
> I now solved this by creating a file class_info.cpp (given below).

Interesting. There are

template <class OPT> class_info<OPT> *class_info<OPT>::first = NULL;
template <class OPT> bool class_info<OPT>::parents_identified = false;

in class_info.h. So I wonder why explicit specialization makes any
difference...

> Shall I add this file to the CVS?

I think we should understand how it works first.

Best regards,
 Alexei

--
All science is either physics or stamp collecting.