[GiNaC-list] solving linear systems with ginac

Kent-Andre Mardal kent-and at simula.no
Fri Dec 16 13:22:50 CET 2005

tor, 15,.12.2005 kl. 23.41 +0300, skrev Sheplyakov Alexei:
> Hello,
>
> > > Try passing solve_algo::gauss as third argument to matrix::solve, e.g.
> > >
> > > matrix result = m.solve(vars, rhs, solve_algo::gauss);
> > >

> > This does not help.
> >

> Could you please post the actual code which has this problem?

Hi,

I am not able to give you the code (or that would involve downloading
and kompiling the library SyFi which I guess you do not want.)

I have tried to make a simpler example by printing out the matrix and
then read it into another program.
But then GiNaC solves the system in no time,
but the solution is in floating point numbers.
Even though I have created each entry in the matrix as a numeric.

Kent-Andre Mardal
Simula Research Laboratory