TeX output (cont'd)

Christophe TROESTLER Christophe.Troestler at umh.ac.be
Fri Feb 15 22:36:25 CET 2002

On Thu, 13 Dec 2001, "Richard B. Kreckel" <kreckel at thep.physik.uni-mainz.de> wrote:

> [...]
>
> Anyway, the offending braces come from file add.cpp, lines 163 and
> 214, just in case anybody wants to play around with them.  But
> careful, I guess they were intentional and meant just for the
> purpose of not breaking lines.  Please report to this list if you
> are absolutely sure that they should be removed.

There are some as well in `numeric.cpp' at lines 386 & 387, `mul.cpp'
lines 184 & 231, `power.cpp' lines 185 & 201, and `pseries.cpp' lines
159 & 160.  I just had a quick look so I may have missed something but
I basically don't understand why they are there (no problem with \frac
or other TeX operators it seems and I don't get the point about not
breaking lines since formulae easily become quite long).  Maybe the
one who wrote that part of the code could tell us what was his reason?

Regards,
ChriS