ginsh installation problem

Richard B. Kreckel kreckel at thep.physik.uni-mainz.de
Fri Jul 6 19:11:39 CEST 2001

On Tue, 3 Jul 2001, Wolfgang Abele wrote:
> Here's my next problem: I cannot install Ginac: After I enter 'make', gcc
> 2.96 outputs numerous warnings such as
>
> /usr/local/include/readline/rltypedefs.h:73: `rl_intfunc_t` declared with an
> exception specification

Yes, this is a bug introduced by the libreadline maintainer from
upstream in version 4.2.  Did you compile/install it yourself or does your
version come from a distribution?  Distributions should have fixed this
one!  The problem is with a conflicting definition of __P.  We recently
discussed this for Debian.  Here is the URL to the Debian BTS:

<http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=55626&archive=yes&repeatmerged=yes>

IIRC this was fixed by changing the preprocessor condistionals in
include/readline/rlstdc.h to this style:

#if !defined (__P)
#  if defined (__STDC__) || defined (__GNUC__) || defined (__cplusplus)
#    define __P(protos) protos
#  else
#    define __P(protos) ()
#  endif