Planning to use GiNaC

Richard B. Kreckel kreckel at thep.physik.uni-mainz.de
Fri Dec 7 17:58:46 CET 2001

On Thu, 6 Dec 2001, Roberto Bagnara wrote:
> here at the University of Parma we are about to start a project
> on automatic program complexity analysis.  Part of our work will
> consist in developing a solver for several classes of recurrence
> relations.  From a superficial look at the GiNaC web pages we
> gathered the impression that your library would significantly
> simplify our job, since representation, manipulation, simplification
> and matching of symbolic expression would be readily available.
> Do you know of anyone using GiNaC to do something similar
> to what we have in mind?
> Any advice you would like to give to someone embarking in such
> an adventure?

Sorry, but the symbolic needs that you will be having are not immideately
obvious from your description, so I cannot say much.

As to simplification: what is the computational domain you want to
"simplify" in?

As to solving recurrence relations: wasn't Stefan Weinzierl doing
something like this recently?

Regards
<Richard.Kreckel at Uni-Mainz.DE>
<http://wwwthep.physik.uni-mainz.de/~kreckel/>