problems downloading ginac

Richard B. Kreckel kreckel at ThEP.Physik.Uni-Mainz.DE
Mon Feb 28 15:36:58 CET 2000

On Sun, 27 Feb 2000, Juan Pablo Romero wrote:
> I want to donwlad ginac, but the ftp server refuses the conection.

Thanks for the report.  The problem seems to be on your site.  I assume
these traces in our syslog are your tries:

Feb 27 21:38:32 higgs wu-ftpd[15156]: warning: /etc/hosts.deny, line 15: can't verify hostname: gethostbyname(na-48-14.na.avantel.net.mx) failed

This is what I get if I try to resolve your host:
zino:~$ host 148.245.48.14
Name: na-48-14.na.avantel.net.mx
Address: 148.245.48.14
Aliases:
zino:~$ host na-48-14.na.avantel.net.mx
Host not found.

Please complain at your provider.

Regards
    -rbk.

PS: We have just added a HTTP download method, please visit
    <http://www.ginac.de/Download.html>.
--
Richard Kreckel
<Richard.Kreckel at Uni-Mainz.DE>