configure suggestion

Richard B. Kreckel kreckel at ThEP.Physik.Uni-Mainz.DE
Wed Dec 1 18:06:14 CET 1999

On 1 Dec 1999 nbecker at fred.net wrote:
> It would be nice to add an option to tell configure where to find cln
> includes and lib.
>
> Lacking that, it should be documented that this will work:
>
> CPPFLAGS=/usr/local/include ./configure
           ^-- a -I is missing here
Shouldn't your compiler check this directory anyways?  Strange it doesn't.
BTW, this *is* documented in the tutorial's section about configuration
with the only difference in path: CPPFLAGS="${CPPFLAGS} -I${HOME}/include"

> It also would be nice to fix cln so it be default installs headers in
> /usr/local/include/cln instead of /usr/local/include.  I did this
> manually by saying:
>
> make install includedir=/usr/local/include/cln
Exactly as I did, except that we use includedir=/usr/local/include/CLN
here.  I guess the uppercase spelling is depricated by some people out
there.  In acinclude.m4 the Macro GINAC_CHECK_CLN_H does attempt to do
exactly this but the macro AC_CHECK_HEADERS puts it result in uppercase
always so there is no nice Autoconf-way to distinguish between cln/cln.h
and CLN/cln.h.  Hope you can live with that.  Maybe a future version of
CLN does this.

Regards
    -rbk.
--