[GiNaC-devel] Build issues (Was: Simplifying powers)

Vladimir V. Kisil kisilv at maths.leeds.ac.uk
Tue Jul 30 22:03:07 CEST 2013

    Ash> Could you elaborate please? (The problem is not going to be
    Ash> fixed unless someone complains).

    I did:

    git clone git://www.ginac.de/ginac.git
    cd ginac
    zcat ../ginac_1.6.2-1.diff.gz | patch -p 1
    autoreconf -i
    ./configure
    make

    That breaks with the following error:

make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/ginac/ginsh'
/usr/bin/python ./ginsh_op_help.py -o ginsh_op_help.h ginsh.1
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `ginsh_parser.h', needed by `ginsh_parser.o'.  Stop.

  Maybe, something crucial is missing from my installation, but I cannot
  see what it is exactly. If I copy ginsh_parser.h from ginac-1.6.2
  distro the next error will be:

make[2]: Entering directory `/tmp/ginac/doc/tutorial'
ginac.texi:8682: raising the section level of @subsection which is too  low
make[2]: *** [ginac.info] Error 1

  If I copy *.info files (with the updated time-stamp) from the distro
  make finishes fine.

  Best wishes,
  Vladimir
Vladimir V. Kisil     email: kisilv at maths.leeds.ac.uk
                        www: http://www.maths.leeds.ac.uk/~kisilv/
Book: Geometry of Mobius Transformations
http://www.worldscientific.com/worldscibooks/10.1142/p835