[GiNaC-devel] Positive add and mul, LaTeX printing

Vladimir V. Kisil kisilv at maths.leeds.ac.uk
Tue Sep 15 15:22:45 CEST 2009

		Dear All,

		I think it would be nice if GiNaC will learn that a sum or product of
  two positive expressions is again a positive expression. This will
  help, for example, to simply formulae like ((1+x)^{1/2})^2, where x
  is a positive symbol.

  It would be also a better LaTeX printing of complicated formulae if \mathrm
  will be used instead of \mbox (the later is not scaled in fractions, for
  example).

  I am attaching a patch which makes these two things.

  Best wishes,
  Vladimir
Vladimir V. Kisil     email: kisilv at maths.leeds.ac.uk
--                      www: http://maths.leeds.ac.uk/~kisilv/