[GiNaC-devel] GiNaC and polylogarithms

Emanuele Bagnaschi emanueleb at pcteor1.mi.infn.it
Tue Sep 8 22:40:36 CEST 2009

Hi,
I'm a student of physics at the University of Milan (Italy), I was
recently introduced to harmonic and multiple polylogarithms and their
respective numerical evaluation methods.
I was also asked to look at the implementations of these algorithms in
GiNaC and, if possible, to improve the capabilities of this library.
By testing the functions already provided and by reading the
documentation I think I found a few things which are missing - correct
me if I'm wrong and these functionalities are already implemented or are simply unneeded.

First, G-functions currently evaluate numerically only for real
arguments y >= 0.
Secondly, in the tutorial is written that there's no support
for compiling expressions containing polylogarithms to C function pointers.
Finally, I see that there are some "TODO" comments in inifcns_nsdsums.cpp which describe missing features.

I'm also open to any other suggestions.
All comments are welcome.

Best regards
--