Release 0.7.0 is on the wire

Richard B. Kreckel kreckel at thep.physik.uni-mainz.de
Fri Dec 15 19:31:55 CET 2000

Hi all,

I have just finished packaging GiNaC 0.7.0.  It is sitting at the usual
places, see <http://www.ginac.de/Download.html>.

Beware that you really do need CLN 1.1 (silently released yesterday) in
order to use it! This is so, because CLN 1.1 is interface-incompatible
(namespace cln) with earlier versions of CLN and GiNaC 0.7.0 is expecting
the new interface.

For those of you (Eduardo, Bernard) who want to extract a cln::cl_N from
GiNaC::numeric for various reasons, there is now a method
GiNaC::numeric::to_cl_N() which does right that.  (I was first having a
casting operator in mind, but that turned out to lead into ambiguities
quite easily so we'll use .to_cl_N() from now on.)

Cint users should upgrade to at least 5.14.62 in order to use GiNaC-cint
with the current release.

So, this is the list of required package versions and the order of
steps how to proceed:

* Install GMP >= 3.0       (current is 3.1.1)    (optional)
* Install CLN >= 1.1       (current is 1.1)
* Install Cint >= 5.14.62  (current is 5.14.65)  (optional)
* Install GiNaC 0.7.0
* rejoice, cheer, sing...  ;-)

We plan to provide .deb and .rpm packages next week.  And please read the
file NEWS to see what else has changed.

Happy hacking
            -rbk.
--