[GiNaC-list] Parse error involving factorial symbol

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Thu May 13 22:47:59 CEST 2021

Hi there.

I am reviving some 10-years old software that is based on
GiNaC.  When I started the work I was pessimistic, given
so much time has passed.  But now the thing compiles again.
The problem is that I cannot parse the test-suite that was
used for validation.  I get:

on line 392: parse error: GiNaC: parse error at line 0, column 0: expected ')' or ',' in argument list, got: "!"
[GiNaC::ex GiNaC::parser::parse_identifier_expr()(parser/parser.cpp:88)]

I guess something has changed in the parser, or maybe
my reviving effort introduced a bug.  Line 392 is the last
one in this block:

y	(n+3)!
factorial(3+n)
factorial(3+n)
factorial(n)*(3+n)*(1+n)*(2+n)
factorial(3+n)
factorial(3+n)

This is the first block that contains an "!".
This and all the subsequent blocks of tests
that contain an "!" symbol fail in the same
way.  None of the blocks before fails.
Any hint?
Thanks,

    Roberto