[GiNaC-list] problems with cstring and string

Tania Robens tania at pa.msu.edu
Thu Feb 9 22:56:43 CET 2017

ok i will try this

i did install cln locally and configured with something like

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$CLN/lib

./configure --prefix=/home/trobens/programs/ginac/install
CLN_CFLAGS=-I$CLN/include/cln/ CLN_LIBS=-L$CLN/lib/
CPPFLAGS=-I$CLN/include/ LDFLAGS=-L$CLN/lib/ LIBS=-lcln

mb this causes the problem ??

On Thu, 9 Feb 2017, Mario Prausa wrote:

> On 09.02.2017 03:51, Tania Robens wrote:
>>
>> In file included from
>> /home/trobens/programs/cln/install/include/cln/string.h:9:0,
>>                  from
>> /opt/rh/devtoolset-3/root/usr/include/c++/4.9.2/cstring:42,
>>                  from class_info.h:27,
>>                  from registrar.h:26,
>>                  from basic.h:29,
>>                  from ex.h:26,
>>                  from expair.h:26,
>>                  from expairseq.h:26,
>>                  from add.h:26,
>>                  from add.cpp:23:
>>

> This looks suspicious. The ginac file "class_info.h" includes the
> standard C++ library file "cstring" which includes the CLN file
> "string.h". In the standard C libray there is also a file by the name
> "string.h" which is what "cstring" wants to include.
>
> I think the problem is the order of your include pathes. The pathes to
> the standard libraries should go before any other libraries (in that
> case CLN).
>
> Mario

Dr. habil. Tania Robens            Michigan State University
                                    Department of Physics and Astronomy
                                    567 Wilson Road
                                    East Lansing, MI 48824
                                    USA