[GiNaC-list] problems with cstring and string

Richard B. Kreckel kreckel at in.terlu.de
Thu Feb 9 22:28:36 CET 2017

On 02/09/2017 03:51 AM, Tania Robens wrote:
> checking readline/readline.h usability... no
> checking readline/readline.h presence... yes
> configure: WARNING: readline/readline.h: present but cannot be compiled
[...]
> checking readline/history.h usability... no
> checking readline/history.h presence... yes
> configure: WARNING: readline/history.h: present but cannot be compiled

Check config.log to learn why those two header files cannot be compiled.

> and, when i ignore this and do make anyways, i have
>
> In file included from
> /home/trobens/programs/cln/install/include/cln/string.h:9:0,
>                  from
> /opt/rh/devtoolset-3/root/usr/include/c++/4.9.2/cstring:42,
>                  from class_info.h:27,
>                  from registrar.h:26,
>                  from basic.h:29,
>                  from ex.h:26,
>                  from expair.h:26,
>                  from expairseq.h:26,
>                  from add.h:26,
>                  from add.cpp:23:
> /opt/rh/devtoolset-3/root/usr/include/c++/4.9.2/cstring:75:11: error:
> ‘::memchr’ has not been declared
>    using ::memchr;
>            ^

I've no idea why CLN files including <cstring> would compile while GiNaC
files #including the same file don't. It seems like you're experiencing
some weird header mix-up. Can't you find some expert to inspect your
problem locally? Alternatively, you may try to install a pre-built RPM
file. Check out
<https://www.rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=GiNaC-devel>
for a start.

Luck!