[GiNaC-list] Compiling GiNaC on OS X

Stefan Schupp modass at gmx.de
Wed Oct 23 09:42:17 CEST 2013

Hi,

I am trying to compile GiNaC under OS X with clang++ and the usage of
libc++ (this is required, as my project, where I want to include GiNaC
requires the c++11 standard).
Therefore I added the following configuration options:

./configure CXX=/usr/bin/clang++ CXXFLAGS="-std=c++11 -stdlib=libc++"
LDFLAGS="-stdlib=libc++"

Upon invoking make I get an error regarding an ambiguous conversion in
multiple lines:

inifcns_nstdsums.cpp:2604:18: error: ambiguous conversion for
functional-style cast from 'int' to 'lst' (aka 'container<std::list>')
                return e * (-H(lst(0),1/arg).hold());
                               ^~~~~
./container.h:145:2: note: candidate constructor
        container(STLT const & s, bool discardable = false)
        ^
./container.h:167:11: note: candidate constructor
        explicit container(const ex & p1)

All errors are in the above file inifcns_nstdsums.cpp and occur with the
same cast:

H(lst(0),1/arg).hold()

>From the error message I can conclude that there are two constructors
applyable - which one is the correct one? E.g. casting 0 to ex (changing
the line to: H(lst( ex(0) ),1/arg).hold() solves the error - is this the
correct cast or is the other cast the correct one?

Best Stefan