[GiNaC-list] Simple question about how to solve for a simple non-linear system of equations.

Zach refinedcode at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 00:16:21 CET 2013

Hi guys I know this is a really basic question but after looking at the
tutorial and reference I couldn't quite figure out how to solve a nonlinear
system of equations.  (If this is even possible, I dont know).

I have this:

    lst eqns, vars;

>     eqns = D==pow(T,2);
>
>     vars =T;
>
>     ex L =  lsolve(eqns,vars);

But lsolve (I guess the l for linear makes it obvious) cannot solve this
nonlinear function.  Is there another way I can accomplish this?  Then I
could do something like:
    ex ans =  L.subs(lst(D==3)); like I would for a linear?  Is this even
possible?  Thanks for any answer!  Ginac is a great tool for me so far!