[GiNaC-list] Compiling Ginac with MinGW failed in Ginsh compile eventhough, I dont wish to compile it

Christiand tianize at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 10:22:27 CEST 2012

Dear All,

I am new user of Ginac. I am using mingw to for compiling to MSVC. I
have succesfully reached several check point according to following
link :

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/ooo-imath/index.php?title=Compiling_under_Windows#Compilation_with_Microsoft_Visual_C.2B.2B

- Compile GMP -> succesful
- Compile CLN -> succesful

Now , I am in the step of compiling Ginac. The ./configure results :

$ ./configure CC=cl CXX=cl CCAS=cl CXXFLAGS="-DDO_GINAC_ASSERT -ggdb -Wall -ped
antic" CPPFLAGS="-DEBUG -MD -EHsc -I../vc/include -I../sdk/include -I../../vc/i
nclude -I../../sdk/include -I/usr/local/cln" LIB=../vc/lib:../sdk/lib:../../vc/
lib:../../sdk/lib:/usr/local/lib PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig --dis
able-shared --enable-static

result :

 === The following minor problems have been detected by configure.
=== Please check the messages below before running "make".
=== (see the section 'Common Problems' in the INSTALL file)

== ginsh will not compile, because libreadline could not be found.

== Documentation may not build, because fig2dev/texinfo is missing.

== Reference manual will not build, because doxygen is missing.

== Some documentation formats may not build, because latex/pdflatex/dvips is mis
sing.

As suggested, if I don't want to compile (use) ginsh, I can safely
neglect the the warning.  However, I got error during make process.

ginsh_parser.yy(888) : warning C4100: 'name' : unreferenced formal parameter
ginsh_parser.yy(916) : error C3861: 'isatty': identifier not found
ginsh_parser.yy(927) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'ginsh_op_he
lp.h': No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [ginsh_parser.obj] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/mingw/msys/ginac-1.6.2/ginsh'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

I dont understand this error message to some extent. It is said that
ginsh will not be compiled but why it still compile ginsh. Do I
misunderstand the warning ? Please suggest me on this matter. Thanks

Chris