[GiNaC-list] issues with ginac-1.6.0

Alexei Sheplyakov alexei.sheplyakov at gmail.com
Wed May 25 09:01:56 CEST 2011

Hi,

> ginac 1.6.0 was installed with the standard install commands included in the
> install file
> ./configure
> make
> sudo make install
> make check
>
> all tests passed
>
> my terminal after I tried ldconfig looked like this.
>
> peter at peter-ubuntu:~$ man ldconfig
> peter at peter-ubuntu:~$ ldconfig
> /sbin/ldconfig.real: Can't create temporary cache file /etc/ld.so.cache~:
> Permission denied

1. ldconfig should be run as root.
2. Actually fiddling with ldconfig is not mandatory (see below).

> peter at peter-ubuntu:~$ cd Documents
> peter at peter-ubuntu:~/Documents$ gcc main.cpp -o main -lcln -lginac

export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig # just in a case
g++ main.cpp -o main `pkg-config --libs --cflags ginac`

(ginac.pc sets proper -Wl,-rpath option, so there's no need to fiddle
with ldconfig)

By the way, this is documented in the manual:
http://www.ginac.de/tutorial/Package-tools.html#Package-tools

Best regards,
        Alexei