[GiNaC-list] is_polynomial gives strange results

Richard B. Kreckel kreckel at ginac.de
Fri May 20 22:44:30 CEST 2011

Hi!

On 05/20/2011 08:24 PM, Florent Hivert wrote:
>> Am 19.05.2011 23:35, schrieb Florent Hivert:
>>> However during on of my class I was quite surprised by a result from
>>> Sage. I've been able to trace back the result to GiNaC so I'd like to report
>>> it here. Note that it's the first time I go into the arcane of GiNaC so I may
>>> be wrong.
>>
>> thanks for reporting the bug. I am about to fix it.
>
> Excellent ! Please ping me either on this list or directly when you have the
> fix, so that we (ie: the Sage dev team) can decide either to backport it or to
> upgrade GiNaC.

Ping.

Generally, it is best to open a ticket in Sage trac, so you can be sure
the problem is going to be fixed. This is because as far as I know
patches for GiNaC don't automatically propagate to Pynac.

Anyway, in this case you'll have to port these two patches to Pynac:
<http://www.ginac.de/ginac.git?p=ginac.git;a=commitdiff;h=0c2f0f4c6d>
<http://www.ginac.de/ginac.git?p=ginac.git;a=commitdiff;h=293ff6f6fe>

Cheers