[GiNaC-list] problem parsing "{"

Jens Vollinga jens.vollinga at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 26 20:51:15 CEST 2011

Hi Jan,

 > Is this a bug or is this syntax for lists no longer supported?

yes, it is a bug. Thanks for reporting!

I made a bug fix which is available in the git repository. The bug fix
is a bit dirty since it introduces a new public class and can not deal
with the ginsh syntax using {}.

If you would compile now from git, you could do

GiNaC::ex e = reader("H(lst(0),x)");

or

GiNaC::ex e = ex("H(lst(0),x)", GiNaC::lst(x));

as anticipated.

Whether the {} syntax should be recognized I cannot decide yet. It needs
some consideration. But anyway, the fix will of course stay, i.e. the
above code will work now and in the future.

Regards,
Jens