[GiNaC-list] Differentiation of a function with respect to a tensor

Bernardo Rocha bernardosk at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 19:11:41 CET 2011

Dear Vladimir,

first of all thanks for your reply.

Well, defining the function as a GiNaC expression is part of my doubt, since
I do not know how to represent the second-order
tensor E in GiNaC, and consequently, how to differentiate Psi with respect
to it.

I've seen some classes for special tensors, like clifford, delta, etc, but
it is not clear for me how to represent a second order tensor. I was guess I
should use matrix and idx....but how? and how do I use diff afterwards?

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Bernardo M. Rocha