[GiNaC-list] How to pass an array of expressions as argument to a wrapped function?

Kris&EJ Pol kej.pol at gmail.com
Sat Mar 27 12:12:10 CET 2010

Hello,

This is a question from a relative newbie in GiNaC.
I'm running GiNaC 1.5, and have been able to wrap
some of my own simple functions with the DECLARE and
REGISTER macros. This works very smoothly. Great!

However, now I want to make a next step, and I don't know
how to proceed. The next new home-made function should take
an array of expressions as an argument. Inside the new function,
the array needs to be indexed by a second parameter to the new function.
The new function is an interpolating function.

I have tried regular arrays, lst, and matrix, but I can't find
a way to pass the expression array to the evalf function,
in such a way that it can be indexed by a second expression argument.

Is it correct that indexing of a lst by an expression is not supported in ginac?
Which approach would you recommend to construct an interpolating function,
taking an array of expressions to be interpolated, and an expression
as interpolation value?
Can you give me an example evalf function declaration?

Thanks in advance!

Evert-Jan