[GiNaC-list] arithmetic error on concat two expressions

Kraus Philipp philipp.kraus at flashpixx.de
Sat Aug 7 15:33:20 CEST 2010

Thanks, I see it, but if I create a derivatrion "diff" the sign is
important:
If I run formula.diff(a, 1):

[0.5*(t-ax^3)^2]' => -(t-a*x^3)*x^3
[0.5*(ax^3-t)^2]' => (a*x^3-t)*x^3

On my code I parse the formula (0.5)*(t -(formula)^2 and substitute
formula with
another formula. I do not understand why the minus sign is not
interpreted correctly.

I think GiNaC does create a pattern matching and not evaluate the
correct expression.
In my opinion the first expression is the correct one, GiNaC creates
the second. Why?
How can I tell GiNaC that it interpret the expression arithmetically
correct?

Thanks

Phil