[GiNaC-list] Indefinite integration support

Jens Vollinga jensv at nikhef.nl
Thu Jul 16 08:14:08 CEST 2009

Hi,

Jorge Cardona schrieb:
> I want to know what do you think about that way, or if you have some
> extra ideas, basically i want to implement the integration algorithm,
> but don't want to have some code that wont be added to GiNaC, so,
> please let me know your comments.

the code looks good. I'll add it to GiNaC as it is as soon as you see it
fit.

Just wondering: what is going to happen to the already existing integral
class? Most of it is obsolete then. That makes me think about naming and
class relations. If your iintegral becomes the most generic type for
integrals in GiNaC, what good is left of the current integral class
could become something like a integral_with_limits class derived from
your class. But then, maybe renaming iintegral to integral would make
sense. But this is probably something that can be considered later.

Anyway, I am looking forward to the complete integration implementation. :-)

Regards,
Jens