[GiNaC-list] GiNaC Licensing

Graham Hemingway graham.hemingway at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 18:48:31 CEST 2008

Hello,
I am working on an open source 3D solid modeling kernel (
http://wildcat-cad.blogger.com and http://wildcat-cad.googlecode.com).  It
allows users to sketch 2D profiles and extrude them into 3D to form
mechanical parts.  The 2D sketches are constrained with dimensions (lengths,
angles, etc.) and these constraints naturally form a system of equations.
 An unrelated project (http://code.google.com/p/psketcher) has developed a
very nice solver for these systems of equations.  The psketcher project uses
GiNaC as its mathematical engine.

I would like to incorporate the psketcher solver into my kernel, but there
may be a conflict in licenses.  My project is released under the BSD
license, while I understand GiNaC to be under the GPL.  Is there any way to
reconcile this problem other than changing to a different license?  I would
love to use GiNaC for a couple of other purposes within my project also.
 Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
   Graham