[GiNaC-list] advice on a GiNaC based project.

Bhalchandra Thatte bdthatte at yahoo.com
Fri May 23 09:47:55 CEST 2008

Hi Everybody,
I have just started using GiNaC (actually yet to be able to compile my first program), and I am also not an expert on C++. So I thought I would ask for a little advice here.
I wish to write a few programs that do something like this:
take a graph or a tree
each vertex or edge of the graph has a variable associated with it.
walk on the graph or find certain subgraphs, and compute certain multivariable polynomials in terms of the variables associated with vertices or edges.
later possibly do numerical optimization of the polynomials using an optimization library.
I thought GiNaC would be ideal for this type of applications because C++ will give me complete control over the data structures and the efficiency. But could someone comment if GiNaC is not the right choice?
Thank you,
Bhalchandra Thatte
Alfréd Rényi Institute of Mathematics
Budapest