[GiNaC-list] where is ginac-config?

Chris Bouchard cbouchrd at uiuc.edu
Fri May 2 05:13:16 CEST 2008

GiNaC list,

I've successfully installed GiNaC 1.4.3, config.log attached.

Another software package, xloops, built on GiNaC is looking for ginac-config.  It's expecting to see it in PREFIX/bin, where PREFIX was established while configuring GiNaC (ie ./configure --prefix=PREFIX).

Here's a snip of on-screen indications during attemped configure of xloops
checking for ginac-config... no
checking for GiNaC - version >= 1.2.0... no
*** The ginac-config script installed by GiNaC could not be found
*** If GiNaC was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
*** your path, or set the GINACLIB_CONFIG environment variable to the
*** full path to ginac-config.
configure: error: need to have GiNaC installed

PREFIX/bin is in my path and slocate ginac-config comes up empty.  The only ginac file in PREFIX/bin is ginac-excompiler.  I'm trying to avoid asking for help with xloops...

So, here's my GiNaC question.  X-loops was last rev'd 11 yrs ago, is the ginac-config script a thing of GiNaC's past or have I screwed up my install of GiNaC in such a way that ginac-config wasn't created...?

Thanks for any help,
Chris Bouchard