[GiNaC-list] Building ginac without pkg-config

Alexei Sheplyakov varg at theor.jinr.ru
Wed Mar 26 13:05:28 CET 2008

Hello!

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 04:45:21PM -0400, Warren Weckesser wrote:

> The problem is I get this error from ./configure even after defining
> CLN_CFLAGS and CLN_LIBS, like this:
>
>     $ export CLN_CFLAGS=-I$HOME/local/include
>     $ export CLN_LIBS=-L$HOME/local/lib

The CLN_LIBS value you've specified is certanly wrong. (Although this is
not the reason of the failure).

> Does ./configure actually check for the environment variables, like
> the message suggests it does?

Yes, it does. But for some reason it insists on having pkg-config installed.
You can work this around with

PKG_CONFIG=/bin/true ./configure --whatever

Best regards,
	Alexei

--
All science is either physics or stamp collecting.