[GiNaC-list] GiNaC on MinGW : make check--test failed

Alexei Sheplyakov varg at theor.jinr.ru
Wed Feb 27 11:58:11 CET 2008

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 04:54:56PM +0900, Tatsuro MATSUOKA wrote:

> > > ./exams.ref exams.out differ: char 37, line 1
> > > FAIL: run_exams
> >
> > So, every test passed, but the whole thing failed. That's very interesting.
> > Could you please post the check/exams.out file?

The problem is due to different end of line markers -- LF (*NIX) versus
CR,LF (window$). exams.ref file shipped with GiNaC has (obviously) *NIX
ones, while exams.out ends up with CRLF. Thus, the output of the test
differs from the reference one, hence the (false) failure. I'll change
the tests to report errors with nonzero exit code.

Best regards,
	Alexei

--
All science is either physics or stamp collecting.