[GiNaC-list] [sage-devel] Re: GiNaC as the symbolic manipulation engine in Sage

Burcin Erocal burcin at erocal.org
Mon Aug 11 18:28:34 CEST 2008

Hi,

I forwarded your questions to the ginac list. I'll try to answer as
much as I know.

On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 08:24:52 -0700
"William Stein" <wstein at gmail.com> wrote:

<snip>
> Burcin,
>
>   1. does Ginac (or the part we plan to use) have *any* known bugs at all?

I can't find a public bug tracker on the web site. They suggest sending
bugs to the mailing list.

>   2. does Ginac have a test suite?

Some of the files under the check/ directory seems to verify
correctness.

>   3. does ginac have a bug tracker?
>   4. what does Valgrind say about the quality of the code when run on
> the test suite?  memory leaks?

I haven't run it through valgrind at all. Maybe mabshoff can lend a
helping hand here?

Burcin