[GiNaC-list] compiler compatibility?

Jens Vollinga jensv at nikhef.nl
Thu Apr 24 15:53:47 CEST 2008

Hi,

Chris Bouchard schrieb:
> Does this explanation sound legitimate to you?  Seems to me that if this were the case there'd be widespread problems using gcc...

it seems you are using a compiled GiNaC version 1.3.x with GiNaC headers
from version 1.4.x.

> #include <iostream>
> #include "ginac.h"

Why not #include <ginac/ginac.h> ??

Did you copy ginac.h by hand somewhere? Or did you install GiNaC locally
for yourself but forgot to set the correct compiler flags (so that the
linking is actually done against a system-wide installation of GinaC)?

> using namespace std;
> using namespace GiNaC;
> int main() {
> symbol x("x"), y("y");
> ex poly;
> for (int i=0; i<3; ++i)
>   poly += factorial(i+16)*pow(x,i)*pow(y,2-i);
> cout << poly << endl;
> return 0;

Regards,
Jens