[GiNaC-list] indexed object

Gilson Dallabona gilson.dallabona at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 01:50:30 CEST 2007

Hi,

I'm a new user of Ginac and I have found a problem.
I need to define an indexed object with six indices or more.
However, for an indexed object with more than four indices
the compilation returns an error. A simple example is:

 symbol Delta("Delta");
 varidx mu(symbol("mu"),4), nu(symbol("nu"),4), alpha(symbol("alpha"),4),
       beta(symbol("beta"),4), sigma(symbol("sigma"),4),
lambda(symbol("lambda"),4);

 ex e = indexed(Delta,mu,nu,alpha,beta,alpha,beta);
 cout << e << endl;

returns a compilation error like this

"error: no matching function for call to
'GiNaC::indexed::indexed(GiNaC::symbol&, GiNaC::varidx&, GiNaC::varidx&,
 GiNaC::varidx&, GiNaC::varidx&, GiNaC::varidx&, GiNaC::varidx&)"

Is there a way to define an indexed object with more than four indices
in Ginac?

Thanks,

Gilson.