[GiNaC-list] Bug report: Can't construct an expression from a string

Mitch Watrous watrous at u.washington.edu
Fri Jan 19 20:34:15 CET 2007

Hello.

After the latest version of GiNaC was installed on my machine, my
programs are no longer able to construct an expression from a string.

I am using version 1.3.6-1.fc5 of GiNaC.

My operating system is Fedora Core 5, and I am using version 4.1.1 of
the gcc compiler.

Here is the code that causes the error, which is based on the example
code from the GiNaC tutorial section on expression input:

     #include <ginac/ginac.h>

     int main()
     {
       using namespace GiNaC;

       symbol x("x"), y("y");
       ex e("2*x+sin(y)", lst(x, y));

       return 0;
     }

Here is the error message I get when I execute the program main:

     terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
       what():  syntax error, unexpected ')' at )
     Aborted

Here is my Makefile:

LDFLAGS  = -L/usr/lib
CPPFLAGS = -g -I/usr/include