[GiNaC-list] A differential geometry-specific extension
diego.conti at unimib.it
Fri Dec 21 12:08:19 CET 2007
I have been working on an extension to GiNaC for differential geometry,
and I have released a first version, available from
Current features include:
- Vector spaces: determine a basis from a list of generators, and
- Manifolds and differential forms: exterior derivative; wedge product.
- Lie groups: the general linear group; subgroups determined by the
choice of a subalgebra; abstract Lie groups defined in abbreviated form,
e.g. writing (0,0,12) for the Heisenberg group, characterized by the
existence of a basis of left-invariant one-forms e1,e2,e3 such that
de3=e1 ^ e2 and e1,e2 are closed.
- Riemannian metrics and G-structures, defined on a Lie group or a
coordinate patch of a generic manifold, and represented by an
orthonormal basis of 1-forms (adapted frame); spinors, Clifford
- Connections: the Levi-Civita connection; curvature; covariant
derivatives; define connections on generic manifolds and impose
conditions on the Christoffel symbols, e.g. to obtain curvature conditions.
I thought maybe someone in this list would be interested.
More information about the GiNaC-list