[GiNaC-list] CXXABI_1.3.1

Marko Riedel mriedel at neuearbeit.de
Thu Sep 7 18:26:54 CEST 2006

Jens Vollinga writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 > Marko Riedel schrieb:
 > > When I compile and run my test program, however, I get the following
 > > error message:
 > >
 > > /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_1.3.1' not found \
 > > (required by /usr/local/lib/libginac-1.3.so.2)
 > >
 > > Am I perhaps missing some environment variables or compiler switches
 > > here? I have the following files:
 > >
 > > /usr/include/c++/3.3/cxxabi.h
 > > /usr/local/include/c++/4.0.2/i686-pc-linux-gnu/bits/cxxabi_tweaks.h
 > > /usr/local/include/c++/4.0.2/cxxabi.h
 > >
 > > I compiled my program with the following command:
 > >
 > > c++ -g complete41.cpp -o complete41 -I/usr/local/include -lcln -lginac

Hello there,

in case anyone is interested, the problem was due to the fact that I
was linking against the wrong version of libstdc++ (the one that came
as a Debian package, namely libstdc++6). Once I made sure to link
against the version that came in my GCC 4.0 TGZ archive my test
program compiled and produced correct results. This was achieved by
setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /usr/local/lib.

Best regards,

Marko