[GiNaC-list] Suggestion for the FAQ.

Sheplyakov Alexei varg at theor.jinr.ru
Wed Oct 11 19:03:12 CEST 2006

Hello,

On Wed, Oct 11, 2006 at 01:20:34PM +0200, Chris Dams wrote:
> I think the following should added to the FAQ.
>
> Q:
> I am getting an error message that looks more or less like
>
> 	Internal error: statement in file real/conv/cl_R_to_double.cc,
> 	line 55 has been reached!!
> 	Please send the authors of the program a description how you
> 	produced this error!
>
> What should I do?

Modify ex_to<T> to check if it is actually possible to convert
the argument to type T (and add ex_to_unsafe<T> for those who *really*
know what they are doing)?

and/or

Fix/improve CLN to give less cryptic error message?
Something like 'the number can not be converted to double' would be much
better.

Best regards,
 Alexei

--
All science is either physics or stamp collecting.