[GiNaC-list] [patch] fix template template declarations [GCC 4.2 compilation fix]

Richard B. Kreckel kreckel at ginac.de
Tue May 9 22:57:22 CEST 2006

Sheplyakov Alexei wrote:

>Note that `make check' still fails with G++ 4.2.  Basically,
>
>ex e("-1 + 2*I", symbol());
>
>triggers an exception. My patch *does not* fix this error.

This happens in check/exam_numeric.cpp (exam_numeric6), right?  It
appears like it goes away by hard-coding some similar computation right
before the construction of base and exponent in the inner loop.
Heisenbugs of this sort hint at a compiler problems, in my opinion. For
the record, I'm using GCC 4.2.0 20060506 (experimental).

Regards