[GiNaC-list] GiNaC and malloc()

Richard B. Kreckel kreckel at ginac.de
Wed Jun 28 23:22:18 CEST 2006

Igor,

Igor Khavkine wrote:

> Calling destructors is not a big deal. Do you mean anything else by
> "reference counts"?

No.  As long as you work with objects of class ex, then carefully
keeping track of allocated objects and explicit calls to the proper
ex::~ex() destructors should keep your code both leak-free and running,
I suppose.

Clearly this is not the advertised way of using the library.  But, well,
since you asked...

> I couldn't find any documented way to access the
> reference counting information that GiNaC keeps internally.

Oh, that's on purpose, because of its "internal" nature.  ;-)

Regards