[GiNaC-list] Re: ginac parsing from string issue (hopefully nailed!)

Richard B. Kreckel kreckel at ginac.de
Tue Jul 18 23:51:11 CEST 2006

Francesco Biscani wrote:

>I hope this can somehow be useful. I don't think I should open a bug against
>gcc, since apparently in gcc-4.1.2pre the problem seems to be solved.

Since things seem to point to aliasing problems in the bison-generated
files, I became suspicious to my previous statement about gcc-4.1.2pre
fixing the problem. Turns out, that statement was wrong.

Gcc4.1.2pre is the current compiler in Debian/testing. Using that
compiler and a fresh GiNaC 1.4 from CVS with one of the containter
patches, I've just built a library where parsing is still broken.

It appears like the GiNaC library in Debian/testing was compiled with an
older compiler and not rebuilt since the compiler was upgraded, since
there, parsing works as expected.

Sorry