[GiNaC-list] Results of GiNaC (& CLN) builds

Chris Dams Chris.Dams at mi.infn.it
Thu Jul 13 18:21:20 CEST 2006

Dear Richard and others,

I won't be addressing most of your observations. I could have a small look
if time permits, but am not going to promise anything. I did fix the bug
that you found, though. Thank you for having submitted it.

On Wed, 12 Jul 2006, Richard Haney wrote:

> Assertion failed: e.op(1).is_equal(_ex2), file indexed.cpp, line 701
>
> Assertion failed: e.op(1).is_equal(_ex2), file indexed.cpp, line 701
>
> Assertion failed: e.op(1).is_equal(_ex2), file indexed.cpp, line 701

I would say that you can quite safely just delete this assertion. In CVS I
fixed this bug so that even if "make check" is ran with assertions
enabled, it will no longer cause this problem. Unfortunately, I'm not sure
that I can do this for the 1.3 branch because it involves using some
functions that are not present in the 1.3 branch to begin with.

For developers: the problem was that in mul.cpp a few times
get_all_dummy_indices was called instead of get_all_dummy_indices_safely.

Best wishes,
Chris